BBC-News Health Page

product 1

One of our sources is BBC news health page. Visit their site for more health related information.

Telegraph Health Page

product 1

The other sources is Telegraph health page. Visit their site for more health related information.

Medical News Today

product 1

The other sources is Medical News Today. Visit their site for more health related information.

Finding Holistic Health at Timeless Spa

Luke Vincent | 23:22 | 0 comments


A visit to a spa is about more than just getting a massage, a facial or a manicure. Ideally, it should be a journey that satisfies both body and soul and refreshes one’s mind. 



Admittedly, not every spa is able to deliver such a lofty experience, but there are a few gems that manage to live up to these high expectations. 



Timeless Spa, the Emirates’ luxury spa brand, which can be found at locations worldwide, is among this special few. As the name suggests, the idea behind the spa is to transport guests to a timeless state of well-being. 

During a media trip to the Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa in Australia at the end of last month, I was curious about Timeless Spa, which is located on the grounds. According to the brochure in my room, it promised “calming through the senses of sight, sound, smell, taste, natural touch.” 

I booked a 60-minute Mountain Aroma signature massage on my second day. It was early afternoon, and the weather — chilly with a light drizzle — was perfect for an hour of pampering and relaxing, even though it prevented me from having my treatment outside. 

Upon entering the building, I instantly understood why the spa had been named Timeless. The muted colors and the use of recycled local timber for the furniture and interior created a warm, welcoming atmosphere. 

The receptionist led me through a sliding door and into a spacious lounge containing a couple of cozy sofas, a fireplace and local artwork on the walls. Here, I was asked to fill out a form while sipping hot herbal tea. Afterward, I was picked up by one of the therapists. 

To my surprise, my massage therapist, Lee, was male, which was a first for me. I was initially concerned that this would make me uneasy during the treatment and prevent me from fully relaxing. But Lee quickly proved through professionalism and excellent massage skills that there was no need to be concerned. 

He led the way to one of the six treatment rooms, all of which feature a private bathroom, changing room, soaking tub and, most important, stunning views of Wolgan Valley. But since I enjoyed the massage facing the floor for the first 30 minutes, and had my eyes covered the rest of the time, I could only briefly admire the view before the treatment began. 

After a short consultation with Lee, he decided to focus the massage on back, neck and shoulders, because I told him those were the parts of my body that could get quite tense thanks to sitting in front of a computer most of the day. 

Before he started the treatment, he asked me to take some deep breaths to help fully calm my body and find. Then he got to work on those kinks. 

Using a blend of therapeutic oils, the pressure Lee applied was light at the beginning, because, as he explained, he wanted to release the tension and knots in my body first. 

“You were right about your shoulders and neck, they’re very tense,” he noted. 

After he had loosened the tightness in my muscles, Lee continued with a deep-tissue massage, moving his hands, fingertips and forearms rhythmically. 

It can be quite tricky to find the right amount of pressure during a massage, because there is a fine line between enjoyable and painful. Lee, however, mastered this task with ease, and I soon found myself drifting into a Zen-like state of mind. It is said that aromatherapy has a subtle positive effect on one’s emotions, and I did feel strangely soothed and serene.

When Lee announced after an hour that the treatment was finished, I was surprised by how quickly the time had passed. He recommended I not take a shower immediately to let my skin fully absorb the oils. 

After the treatment, I changed back into my clothes and returned to the lounge where I was served green tea and a plate of fresh fruit. 

As I later walked back to my suite, I silently wished I had opted for the longer treatment, lasting 90 minutes, instead of just the hour-long session. But that still couldn’t diminish the fact that this was one of the best spas I have ever set foot in. 

And for the first time, I understood what it means to have a spa “experience,” instead of just getting a regular massage somewhere in the concrete jungle that is Jakarta.





source:http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/lifestyle/finding-holistic-health-at-timeless-spa/496628

Category:

Vk bhardwaj: My name is vikas . I'm administrator of Www.BestTheme.Net.This blog was opened for Demo test .

0 comments